Ads Top

Little Three (小三美日), Taipei

Taipei . 2015 . Jan 17


This post is part of our Taipei Trip Report and Itinerary. Do check out the full itinerary and our reviews here.

Little Three (小三美日) is the place where the local Taiwanese pick up their beauty products, and I made a mental note to visit this shop when we were in Taipei.  The outlet at Yong Kang Street opens only at 11am, so we had a lot of time to loiter around the area even after spending the morning at Din Tai Fung and Smoothie House.



We spent a lot of time at the nearby Watsons store, looking at beauty products.  Watsons in Taiwan, unlike that in Singapore, can occupy a few stories, and this one that we visited at Yong Kang Street has 3 stories - that means more opportunity for me to conduct a shopping spree here!

One of those things that Taiwan’s Watsons have and we don’t - funky contact lenses. Yes, they sell contact lenses at their local drugstore, and not only that, they come in different lens designs and colors.


Look how pretty they are!


1028 is the line of make-up and skincare products that was created by Xiao Kai Lao Shi (小凯老师) from the insanely popular beauty and makeup show in Taiwan - Nu Ren Wo Zui Da (女人我最大). Most of his products are available only in Taiwan - as far as I know, I haven’t seen it in Singapore yet.


At 10:55am, I was waiting faithfully outside Little Three (小三美日), hoping that they will open earlier, just like what Din Tai Fung did.  But unfortunately, no, they did not open their gates earlier, on the dot at 11am.


Ready, get set, go!  I was the first customer of the day.  But then there was no one else vying with me for the position.  In fact, I remained the only customer in the shop for a good 15 mins until another customer walked in.


Little Three (小三美日) is a shopping haven for any woman who is serious about beauty and skincare.  Apparently, they also carry some products that were recommended at Nu Ren Wo Zui Da (女人我最大).


Had a wonderful time browsing through the products.  Only thing was that most of the brands and packaging were in Chinese, making it difficult for me to read.



The section that I was most interested in - facial sheet mask! To be honest, the best place to purchase sheet masks are from the two drugstores available at every turn and corner in Taipei - Cosmed and Watsons.  They both carry different brands of facial sheet masks (e.g. My Beauty Diary 我的美丽日记 and My Scheming 我的心计 are carried at Cosmed and Watsons respectively).   Most of the time, both of these drugstores would have sales for their face masks, so it is just a matter of waiting for the right opportunity to come along before making that purchase.

The only advantage of purchasing it here at Little Three (小三美日) is that they sell it loose by per sheet as well - that means any face masks that cost NT199 (SGD$8.65) for a box of 10, would cost NT19 (SGDS0.86) for one piece.


I highly recommend the Sake Yeast Mask (the one in blue box) from My Beauty Diary (我的美丽日记).


This Red Wine Whitening Mask from My Scheming (我的心计) is not too bad too -  Apparently one of the best-sellers in Taiwan.  I’ve never tried My Scheming (我的心计) before because they are not as easily available in Singapore as My Beauty Diary (我的美丽日记). However, the store assistant highly recommended My Scheming (我的心计) over My Beauty Diary.  According to her, My Scheming (我的心计) masks are of a thinner texture, thus making it stick better on the face and allowing the skin to absorb the essence better.  After trying a piece, I must say that she is quite right.  But that doesn’t mean that My Beauty Diary (我的美丽日记) is no good.  Stock up on both if you can.


My favourite Sexy Look Black Face Masks!  Another brand to stock up on by the cartload when you are in Taiwan.


So many other kinds of face mask, I couldn’t make up my mind which one to try!


Snail masks are all the rage in Asia.


A large assortment of dry shampoo which is kind of hard to find in Singapore.


Not very much in terms of hair accessories, they sell similar items as our Sasa.


Foot masks are currently quite expensive in Singapore, and we don’t have many brands available. At Little Three (小三美日), the range they have is enough to fill up an entire rack.  They are not dirt cheap, but at least still much cheaper than Singapore.

 
Part of the loot from my Taiwan skincare spree at Little Three (小三美日), Watsons and Cosmed (I bought so much, I think I have to grow another face to finish using it all).


Dr Douxi Egg Shell Revital and Lifting Veil.  Not available in drugstores in Singapore, but available online.  Only thing about getting it online is that you won’t know whether its authentic, so better grab some while we are in Taiwan.


Lots of hydrogel eye masks, sheet facial masks for me and my sis!


You cannot leave Taiwan without buying their Bonanza range of skin brightening masks.  It’s a daily staple for the beauty conscious Taiwanese gals.  The store assistant in Little Three (小三美日) recommended getting the biggest-sized Bonanza Zymo-excitative Membraneous (in blue bottle) because that is what most Taiwanese gals use.


I had a really good time looking for skincare products at Little Three (小三美日).  Can’t believe that we had only just landed in Taipei that same morning - it seems that we had already done so much for the day.  But it was only mid-day, and our next stop will be Taipei’s iconic National Palace Museum (故宫).

This post is part of our Taipei Trip Report and Itinerary. Do check out the full itinerary and our reviews here.


We hope you enjoyed reading this article. To receive notifications on updates, subscribe to our blog via RSS feed and email.

Like us on Facebook @ Discover. Book . Travel and follow us on Twitter @Discoverbooktra!

Do check out our Flickr photos & Youtube videos too!

6 comments:

  1. how much are their contact lens cost?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn,

    We can't actually remember...

    You might want to look at the contact lens website for more details..

    http://www.ilens.com.tw/v2/official
    https://www.facebook.com/ilens.contactlens

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you tell me the name of the violet hydrogel eye mask? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    We can't really remember...

    Cheaper than in Singapore though.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    I can't find the store Little Three (小三美日) at yong kang. Do you know the exact place? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi pplee lee,

      Thanks for visiting our blog.

      It seems that the outlet at Yong Kang may have closed.

      Please find the list of Little Three (小三美日)'s outlets on its website url.
      https://www.s3.com.tw/TC/S3_ABOUT.aspx?id=59cda2f3-7cdc-498b-9081-614d422da6fb

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.